Our policy is to accept only credit cards; not debit cards. (We’ve established this policy because debit cards are more likely to get declined due to insufficient funds).
Success in the program comes from having a membership. (Having a membership makes appointments more affordable and also allows the client to set up weekly appointments). With memberships, the card on file gets charged every four weeks. Debit cards have a tendency to get declined due to insufficient funds.
When payment gets declined, the membership gets canceled even when you did not intend to cancel it. When a membership gets canceled...
- You may need to purchase a membership again which requires another setup fee.
- You need to go through the process of scheduling your appointments all over again.
- You might have lost your slot permanently if someone took it between the time your card was declined and your purchase of a new membership.
- There might not be any new slots available if people took them between the time your card was declined and your purchase of a new membership.
- A declined payment also causes more work on our end.