- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with a layer of foil and top with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in 2 TBSP. of oil in a pan until soft.
- Cool for a few minutes and pour the onion, garlic, and oil with all other ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Transfer the mixture to parchment paper and form into an 8 to 10 inch long cylinder.
- Enclose parchment and foil firmly around cylinder, folding ends under, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook another hour or until kishke is solid.
- Unroll kishke to expose surface. Return to oven for
- 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Makes 8 servings
1 slice counts a 1 dinner side